|Professional Affiliations||Professional Engineer - Reg No 880105 ECSA|
|Member - South African Institute of Civil Engineers (SAICE)|
|Member - Water Institute of Southern Africa - (WISA)|
|Education||B Hons Eng (Civil) University of Pretoria (1987)|
|B Eng (Civil) University of Pretoria (1976)|
|Languages||English (excellent); Afrikaans (excellent); Dutch (fair)|
|Years of Experience||42 (1977 - 2018)|
|Countries of Experience||South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Kenya|
Responsible for the master planning, preliminary and detail design of bulk supply pipelines, reservoirs, pumping installations and reticulation for water related projects. Major outfall sewers, pumping installations and sewer reticulation planning and design. Projects include the relocation of various existing pipelines with diameters up to 2 100 mm and test pressures up to 80 bar, the design of pipework and controls for various reservoirs up to 30 Ml and water towers up to 1 Ml, township services ranging from primary standpipe reticulation to full service, upgrading of existing pumping installations, as well as numerous new pumping installations for water and sewage. Experience has also been gained on the design and construction supervision of pipelines, reservoirs and pumping installations for aviation fuel on projects such as Hoedspruit and Braambos Air Force Bases, Johannesburg International and Pilanesberg Airports, as well as a 360 kl polar diesel storage facility on Marion Island.
PriemConsult (Pty) Ltd (Jan 2015 - Present)
Providing specialist advice, preparation of project business plans, technical review, conceptual planning as well as overall responsibility for design, tender documentation and supervision and/or project management of various projects.
The following projects, either in progress or completed, can be listed:
- Malawi Lake to Lilongwe Bulk Water Supply (R6bn) – Peer Review – (Client – South Zambesi Engineering Services).
- Marapong & Exxaro Bulk Water Supply – Utilisation of redundant 600mm diameter Mokolo pipeline (R120m) – (Client – Nemorango Consulting).
- No Drop Water Conservation & Demand Management Assessment for 6 DOD & DCS Facilities located in North West & Northern Cape Provinces (R2m) – (Client – Virtual Consulting).
- Mmorogong & Magong Bulk Water Supply, Moses Kotane Local Municipal Area (R3m) – (Client – OCCM Consulting)
- Nexus Forensic Services – Investigation on quality of planning and work performed for donga rehabilitation work within Ga-Molapo, Ga-Maja & Ga-Chuene, Limpopo Province.
- Madikwe Dam Refurbishment of Inlet Structure WTW raw water pumps, Northwest Province (Client - OCCM Consulting).
- Rhodes Food Group – Structural Design of Warehouse / Roads & Stormwater Upgrade at existing Plant in Makhado, Limpopo Province.
- New 3,000 m2 Commercial Development on Erf 1125 (R10m) - Meyerton for Meyerton Bolt & Nut & Industrial Supplies.
- Olifants River Water Resources Development Project Phase 2 (ORWRDP-2) – Technical Support on Infrastructure for Phases 2B, D, E & F of Bulk Water Distribution
- System for TCTA (R5bn) (Client - Ndodana Consulting).
- Soshanguve - Booster Pump Station Preliminary Design (Client - Ditlou Consulting).
- Heights High Level, Heights Low Level and Iscor Reservoirs, City of Tshwane – Refurbishment of Vandalised Bulk Water Infrastructure (Client - Ditlou Consulting) (R30m).
- Laezonia Agricultural Holdings & Laezonia New Filling Station – Pressure Reducing Installation.
- Zwartboom & Syferkuil in Moretele – Business Plan for provision of a Regional Water Supply Scheme to supply 5 villages.
- Lerome Bulk Water Supply, NW Province – New pump station, 250mm x 6.7km pipeline & 2.5Ml reservoir (R6m).
- Sagewood X 10, Gauteng – Design & installation of water & sewer services.
- Support for the Upgrading of Civil Engineering Works at Diesel Storage & Dispensing Terminal, Polokwane.
- Sedaven, Heidelberg – Water & Sanitation Services for township development.
Infraburo (Pty) Ltd (Apr 2012 - Dec 2014)
- Vondo RWS, Vhembe DM – Upgrading of 60Ml Vondo WTW and bulk pipelines.
- Panorama Shopping Mall, Lydenburg – Borehole development, 1.5Ml storage facility & bulk water supply (R50m).
- Community Libraries at Tlokweng, Lomanyaneng, Pudimoe, Gannalaagte & Letsopa (NW Province) / Community Sport Facilities at Manthe & Ipelegeng (NW Province) – design of services and contract management (Principal Agent) (R30m).
- Geluksoord X2 & 3 Township Services, bulk water supply, 2Ml reservoir & internal services for 2 300 erven (R25m).
- Stormwater Master Plans (floodlines) for Delareyville, Zeerust, Lichtenburg & Mafikeng.
Aurecon (Pty) Ltd (Nov 2010 - Mar 2012)
- Olifants River Water Resources Development Project Phase 2 (ORWRDP-2) – Planning and design of large diameter pipelines from De Hoop Dam to Steelpoort & Olifantspoort (1000mm - 1800mm diameter x 125km) as well as from Flag Boshielo Dam to Pruissen near Mokopane (900mm diameter x 72km) (R8bn).
Infraburo (Pty) Ltd (May 1997 - Oct 2010)
Providing specialist advice and involved in project business planning and conceptual planning as well as overall responsibility for design, tender documentation and supervision and/or project management of various projects. The following projects can be listed:
- SA Post Office – Management of tenant installation at new head office in Eco Park Centurion – 18,000 m2.
- Virgin Mobile - Management of tenant installation at Cedar Square in Fourways – 2,000 m2.
- Sedaven, Heidelberg – Status Quo Survey and Floodline determination.
- Boynton / Barrick Platinum Mines Bulk Water Supply – 762mm diameter steel, length 31km (Northam).
- Rantesig (Centurion) Bulk Water Supply Pipeline (400 mm diameter steel, length 5 km).
- Rombus Vanadium Mine Raw Water Supply Pipeline.
- Road R536 between Sabie & Hazyview: Relocation of 800mm diameter steel pipeline (raw water siphon), length 100m, and slip repair of embankment.
- Mamelodi Pipeline – 450mm dia x 3.8km welded steel pipeline to augment bulk water supply to Mamelodi Reservoirs.
- Weskop, Pretoria - 2km x 350mm diameter steel pipeline to augment existing bulk water supply to Pretoria Prison reservoirs and SA National Defence Head Quarters reservoir.
- Vondo Water Supply Scheme Phase 1 - bulk water supply system augmentation and upgrading.
- Braambos AFB - specialist advice on maintenance of aviation fuel reticulation.
- Varsfontein Water Board - feasibility study regarding acquisition of borehole water supply scheme.
- Lebowakgomo internal water and sewer reticulation for 1 000 stands.
- Mankweng Unit E & F Township Services for 1463 low and middle income stands (Pietersburg).
- Louwlardia Borehole Scheme (capacity 6 Ml per day) Borehole and Pump Station Feasibility Study.
- Maputha Malatji Hospital Upgrading of Wards (Phalaborwa) - upgrading of existing services.
- George Masebe Hospital Upgrading of Wards (Potgietersrus) - upgrading of existing services.
- Tshamidzi Bulk Water Supply (Malamulele).
- Bochum Unit 4 (Northern Province) Township Services for 650 stands.
- Bela-Bela X7, Spapark X1 and Jinnahpark X3 (Warmbaths) - Services for 500 stands.
- Hlogotlou Unit C Township Services for 500 stands, as well as new bulk water supply to the township.
- Tubatse East - Praktiseer (Burgersfort, Northern Province) Township Services for 2 500 stands.
- Flood Disaster Housing Relief Programme (2000 - 2002) - (Limpopo Province) Construction of new low cost houses (foundations and / or top structures to replace flood damaged houses) and repair of roads and infrastructure for 16 000 beneficiaries in 40 villages in Greater Giyani, Mutale - Masisi, Nzhelele and Thohoyandou TLC areas, as well as in Municipal Areas of Groblersdal, Thohoyandou / Malamulele, Makhuduthamaga, Lepelle Nkumpi, Greater Letaba, Molemole, Fetagkomu, Ba-Phalaborwa, Louis Trichardt, Blouberg, Greater Tzaneen, Thulamela and Polokwane. Aganang, Bushbuckridge, Mogalakwena and Mutale. Appointments by 20 developers over a period of three years.
- Tshisaulu Riverside - Bulk water storage, supply and distribution at RDP level of service.
- Water Loss Investigation Pretoria Prison, Defence Head Quarters and Weskoppies Hospital.
- Water Leak Detection Survey - SAPS Mortuary at HF Verwoerd Hospital.
- New Marion Island Research Base - Civil Services (water reticulation and storage, sewer reticulation and treatment, polar diesel storage and distribution and building sanitary drainage).
- Moletje Central - Prepaid Water Supply System for 7 villages.
- Anglo Platinum Twickenham Mine Relocation Project: Mecklenburg A (Limpopo Province) - Bulk Water Supply & Storage and Township Services for 593 stands.
- Mutale x 1 (Tshilamba) - Township Services, including sewer pump station, for 880 stands.
- Raslouw x 7 security development (Centurion) - internal services and bulk connector services.
- Vryburg 120 bed District Hospital – onsite water supply (reservoir, domestic & fire water pipelines).
- Vryburg Government Offices (Mini Garona) – reservoir, water tower and pump installation, water, sewer & stormwater.
- Musina 1,2Ml reservoir: (Limpopo Province) – Reinforced concrete reservoir and pipework.
- Repair & Maintenance (Mpumahlanga): Magistrates Courts at Kriel, Amsterdam, Nkomazi & Mdutjana.
- Khumula Lodge (Burgersfort, Mpumahlanga): Basic Planning of services for Golf Estate development.
- Nzhelele Water Treatment Works: Upgrading of existing 8,6Ml/d capacity to 21,5Ml/d.
- Freedom Park Phase II: Internal township services for 2300 stands.
- Stasie (Alverton) near Lydenburg: Bulk water supply, outfall sewer & access road for 821 residential stands.
ConsultBuro (Pty) Ltd / BKS Group of Companies (Nov 1996 - April 1997)
Business Plan, conceptual planning and overall responsibility for design and tender documentation of the following rural and urban projects
- Malamulele East Emergency Work and Phase 1 Regional Rural Water Supply.
- Tshakhuma Phase 2 Regional Rural Water Supply.
- Damani Phase 2 Regional Rural Water Supply.
- Phagameng, Nylstroom - 100 kl elevated tower and pump station.
- Hlogotlou Waterborne Sewer System - Preliminary Design.
- Olifantspoort Bulk Water Supply Scheme - Feasibility Study.
Africon Engineering International (Van Wyk & Louw) (May 1981 - Oct 1996)
Planning, co-ordination, checking and supervision of various water and sewer related projects. Compiling and analysing computer models for evaluation of reticulations, water hammer analysis, cathodic protection of steel pipelines, system control of pumped schemes. The following projects were performed.
- 600 kl water tower in Randjesfontein, Midrand & 750 kl water tower and pump station in Commercia, Midrand.
- 1 Ml water tower and pump station in Duduza.
- 11 Ml reservoir, pump station & pipelines at Auasblick, Windhoek / Upgrading of large pump station at Abattoir, Windhoek.
- Network analysis (Wadiso) for 48 suburbs in Windhoek, Namibia.
- Orvaal Study cost models for high and low lift large pump stations. Reconnaissance and pre-feasibility phases. (DWA).
- Water and sewer reticulation at Soc Son EPZ (stage 1) and golf course, Noi Bai, VietNam.
- Rand Water pipeline deviations at Kroondal and Buffelspoort.
- Major services deviations along N17-1 toll road at Heidelberg Road, Johannesburg (water, sewer and gas for the City of Johannesburg and water for Rand Water).
- Bulk water supply schemes: South Free State Scheme (Bethulie, Springfontein, and Trompsburg), Krugersdriftdam to Soutpan, Colchester-Canonville (P. E.) and Aroab & Oshakati-Omakango SWS, Namibia.
- Various water and sewer reticulation systems for residential suburbs such as Faerie Glen Extensions 3, 8, 9, 24, 28 and 34, Persequor Technopark, Lyttelton Manor Extension 11 and Erasmuskloof Extension 4.
- Various water and sewer reticulation for industrial and commercial townships such as Rooihuiskraal Extensions 26 and 28 (Gateway, Centurion), Halfway Gardens 11 (Siemens Park, Midrand), Jurgenspark Extension 1 (World Trade Centre, Kempton Park) and Kosmosdal Extension 11 (Samrand, Centurion).
- Various rural water supply schemes for villages Hebron, Erasmus, Pampierstad, Mogogelo (Bophuthatswana), Empuluzi units D & E, Tjakastad phases 1 & 2 (Kangwane), Vlakfontein (Jhb) and Okuryangava (Windhoek, Namibia).
- Outfall sewers at Bultfontein and Motswedi (Bophuthatswana).
- Water hammer analysis for various existing and planned pumped and gravity water supply pipelines such as Kabokweni (Nelspruit), Phakalane pump station (Gaborone), various pump installations at Olifantsvlei (Johannesburg), Leopard Creek Golf Estate (Malelane), and Malamulele Water Supply Scheme.
- Relocation of 300 mm dia fuel pipeline (OR Tambo Airport), new 200 mm dia fuel pipeline (Pilanesberg Airport).
Hydraulic and detail design of water, sewer, aviation fuel and telecommunication reticulations, pipelines, reservoirs and pump stations, compilation of Contract Documents and Specifications, SoQ, estimates and Tender Administration. The following projects were involved.
- Johannesburg International Airport Operations Complex - water and sewer reticulation and fire pump installation.
- Rand Water Board pipeline deviations at Rustenburg, Alberton, Pelindaba and Elandsfontein.
- Isando-Croydon outfall sewer phases 1 and 2, Kempton Park.
- Randjesfontein collector sewer and Noordwyk temporary outfall sewer, Midrand.
- Various reservoirs at Salvokop, Pretoria (30Ml), Isando (9 Ml), Midrand (5 Ml) and Tjakastad (5 Ml).
- Various Water Master Plans - Kempton Park, Bothsabelo & Midrand.
- Bulk water supply to Botshabelo units L, M, N and T.
- Water, firefighting, sewer, telecom & fuel reticulation (phases 1& 2) at Braambos AFB, Louis Trichardt.
Department of Water Affairs and Forestry (Jan 1979 - April 1981)
- Dam safety inspections at approximately 15 major dams, including the Gariep (former H F Verwoerd), Vanderkloof (former P K le Roux), Sterkfontein, Midmar and Spioenkop dams.
- Five-yearly safety inspection of the 5.4m diameter x 83 km long Orange - Fish (Ovis) Tunnel.
- Processing of and reporting on instrumentation results for major dams (pore & earth pressure, temperature, crack pin and joint meters).
- Computer software development and documentation for the processing of all instrumentation and geodetic field data.
Van Wyk & Louw Inc (Jan 1977 - Dec 1978)
- Water supply, consisting of 30 km of pipelines in uPVC (first time use of 250 mm diameter pipes in South Africa).
- 2 Ml reservoir and four 50 kl reservoirs with associated pumping installation and pressure control facilities.
- Aviation fuel supply, consisting of rail debunkering facility and pump installation, 25 km welded / wrapped steel pipelines with pipe pigging system, 3 x 1 Ml reservoirs and associated pumping installations, and cathodic protection of the system.